The US Unlocked Card provides you with the US billing address required for these services. If you are a card holder already, you are one step closer to downloading from Zune.net and xbox.xom.
We asked one of our customers, Soma from Singapore, to put together a tutorial based on his own experience, on how to get started.
How to use Zune services from outside the US
1. Ensure your Windows 7 laptop/desktop location at Control Panel -> Region and Language -> location is set to United States.
2. On your Windows 7 laptop/desktop, go to http://www.hotmail.com
Create a new account but with country as United States and postcode as in Usunlocked Credit Card details.
Ignore if you already have a US hotmail account.
3. Go to https://account.microsoft.com, and add your USunlocked Credit Card details.
4. Connect to the internet with a VPN service provider so you get a US IP address; I use HideMyAss VPN.
5. Buy Microsoft Points
Go to http://xbox.com and purchase your Microsoft Points with the Usunlocked credit card.
Fire up Zune Desktop software, and rent a movie; it’ll lead you to buy Microsoft Points with the Usunlocked credit card.
NOTE : You must be on US VPN to purchase Microsoft Points. http://xbox.com or the Zune Desktop Software doesn’t allow you otherwise.
6. Still connected to VPN, you can purchase movies, etc via Zune Desktop using the Microsoft Points.
NOTE : You must be on US VPN for streaming/downloading to work.
Thank you, Soma for putting this together!