Apple has among the strictest rules that are geared to preventing fraud but also to protect their U.S. market. Although any nationality can have an iTunes account, the U.S. iTunes store is where really everyone wants to download from since it has a much larger offering.
If you have tried to set up a U.S. iTunes account you probably gave up pretty fast. Apple only accepts U.S. issued cards with a U.S. billing address. Here is the solution: the US Unlocked Card. This is a U.S. issued virtual prepaid debit card with a U.S. billing address. The US Unlocked Card is accepted on most US websites where prepaid debit cards are accepted. For the best results, please follow guidelines as described in Making Payments with the US Unlocked Card.
Step by step instruction:
- Sign up with US Unlocked, if you haven’t already
- Make your first card load payment
- Make sure your internet is connected over a VPN from a U.S. IP address before proceeding to the next step.
- Once the funds have cleared and your virtual card account is set up create an Apple ID.
- This Apple ID can then be used for a US ITunes account.
- Add your US Unlocked Card as your payment method.
Now that you have set up the U.S. iTunes account you will use it to purchase from the Apple store and to download music, apps, movies etc.!
A word of advice: Be VERY careful of your available balance. If your balance goes below the purchase amount (i.e.you have $10 in your account and you want a $9.99 album but forgot to account for the $.50 fee) the purchase will be declined. Normally this is not an issue, but Apple iTunes will continue to charge your account repeatedly (sometimes 6-8+ times) costing you $.65 decline fees every time.
When iTunes says ‘please, enter valid security code’, it means that they are not accepting the card. Check the following:
- Does the card has a balance greater than $10?
- You are connected from a U.S. IP address? (if not click here)
- You have filled in all the data exactly the way they appear on the US Unlocked Card page?
- Have you logged out of your existing (local) iTunes account if any? (Also helps to clear browser cache and start over)
Did you think this tutorial was useful? Make sure to subscribe to our newsletters and never miss a thing!