Fitbit’s first major contender in the smartwatch market, the Fitbit Ionic combines the some of the best smartwatch features with Fitbit’s fitness tracking genius. The Ionic is focused on the fitness first individuals who want smart functions too including text notifications, stored music, or third party apps.
Why might you want the Fitbit Ionic?
Simply put, the Fitbit Ionic is a powerhouse fitness tracker with smartwatch capabilities. In addition, Fitbit developed their own watch operating system dubbed Fitbit OS, similar to WatchOS and Android Wear. Fitbit OS comes with an App Gallery where you can find apps such as Strava and AccuWeather. Below are some Fitbit Ionic specs.
- Multiple bands– Swap out bands depending on the occasion.
- Swim-proof– The capability to swim to up to 50 meters.
- Fitbit Pay– Comparable to Apple Pay but on a Fitbit watch.
- Stored Music– Upload up 300+ songs to listen to during workouts.
- Notifications– Syncs to Android and iPhone notifications.
- App Gallery– Ability to download new watch faces, games, and fitness apps from third party developers.
- Fitbit Coach– Fitness and health coach subscription starting at $8 per month or $40 per year.
- GPS Improvements– Increased accuracy for GPS and GLONASS systems.
- Long Battery Life– A smartwatch with a battery life reaching four days, about three days more than the Apple Watch Series 2 has to offer.
- Cost– $300
How to Buy Your Fitbit Ionic Online in the U.S.
The Fitbit Ionic is currently available for pre-order on Fitbit’s online store. Saving on the new smartwatch is possible when you purchase it online in the U.S. with the US Unlocked Card. The US Unlocked Card is a U.S. issued prepaid MasterCard, issued with U.S. billing address. Therefore allowing you to purchase the Fitbit Ionic is USD.