How to set up an iTunes or Apple Music Account with a US billing address!
Apple has among the strictest rules that are geared toward preventing fraud but also to protect their U.S. market. Although any nationality can have an iTunes account, the U.S. iTunes store is where really everyone wants to download from since it has a much larger offering.
If you have tried to set up the US. iTunes account you probably gave up pretty fast. Apple only accepts U.S. issued cards with a U.S. billing address. Here is the solution: the US Unlocked Card. This is a U.S. issued virtual prepaid debit card with a U.S. billing address. The US Unlocked Card is accepted on most US websites where prepaid debit cards are accepted. For the best results, please follow the guidelines as described in Making Payments with the US Unlocked Card.
Step by step instruction:
- Sign up with US Unlocked, if you haven’t already
- Make your first card load payment
- Set up your Merchant-Specific Card settings
- Make sure your internet is connected over a VPN from a U.S. IP address before proceeding to the next step.
- Once the funds have cleared and your virtual card account is set up create an Apple ID.
- This Apple ID can then be used for a US iTunes account.
- Add your US Unlocked Card as your payment method.
Now that you have set up the U.S. iTunes account you will use it to purchase from the Apple store and to download music, apps, movies, etc.!
Did you think this tutorial was useful? Make sure to subscribe to our newsletters and never miss a thing!