The long wait of 7 years for a new console from Sony and Microsoft is finally here! It is now pre-order time for the new Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X. With Christmas around the corner, you won’t want to miss out on these preorders, but which will you choose? One of the best debates, almost as big as Coke or Pepsi, will always be Xbox or Playstation?
The new PS5 has been long-awaited since the PS4 came out in 2013. The new system will include the following:
There are 2 different editions of the system that you can pre-order. The PS5 pre-orders started on September 17th and have been periodically releasing on select retailers. The PS5 release date is November 12th for US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico and South Korea. The PS5 release date for the rest of the world is November 19th. You can take advantage of the first release date even if you do not live in those countries by using US Unlocked and unlocking US merchants to shop at.
- The PS5 Standard Edition is $499.99 and comes with a disc slot which can also be used for Ultra HD Blue Ray Discs. This console is best if you plan on buying physical games and using the system to watch blue ray movies and DVDs.
- The PS5 Digital Edition is $399.99 and it is a little cheaper because it does not have a disc drive. This console is best if you plan on only purchasing digital games or movies. (Note: you will not be able to ever insert a disc into the console)
Playstation 5 Specs
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
Xbox Series X
The last Xbox released was released in 2013 as well. So this new system is also really exciting for users who have been with the previous Xbox One console.
The Xbox Series X pre-order will cost $499.99. Pre-orders are live now for the new Xbox and the release date for this console worldwide is November 10th.
Xbox Series X Specs
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
- Die Size: 360.45mm2
- Process: TSMC 7nm Enhanced
- Memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Memory Bandwidth: 10GB at 560GB/s, 6GB at 336GB/s
- Internal Storage: 1TB Custom NVMe SSD
- I/O Throughput: 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: 1TB Expansion Card
- External Storage: USB 3.2 HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance Target: 4K at 60fps – up to 120fps
The next generation of Xbox actually has a more powerful processor with 12 terraflops as opposed to the PS5’s 10 terraflops. A terraflop is essentially how fast a device can process a request. Xbox has a slight advantage in the processor. The PS5 also has something that the new Xbox does not with the option for a fully digital version. I would say that the PS5’s coolest feature is being able to uninstall parts of a game that you do not want to use. For example if you play a campaign of the game and no longer want to use that aspect of the game you can easily uninstall that part of the game without taking away the entire game. Overall the consoles are extremely similar and will ultimately come down to whichever brand that you prefer.
Step by Step on How to Pre-order the new Xbox or Playstation
You can use your US Unlocked Card for these preorders.
To Sign Up here are the steps:
- Be a US Unlocked Cardholder! Sign Up
- Make your first card load payment
- Once your load clears your account is set up
- Set up your Merchant-Specific Card settings if you plan on being a frequent shopper or use the One-Time Use Card to shop on one-time purchases
- Connect over VPN from a U.S. IP address
- Enter US Unlocked Card details and make payment at the selected store whether Playstation or Xbox.
- Make sure the billing and shipping address are correct
- Start shopping!
It is always recommended to check whether your VPN is working. You can go to whatismyipaddress.com. The IP location displaying should be somewhere in the USA.
Create your US Unlocked account today to start shopping amazing deals today!