Garmin Speak, the Alexa-enabled GPS
It is no secret that Garmin has created the industry standard for in-car GPS devices. Now, Garmin has Garmin Speak, a GPS device with Alexa integration. The Garmin Speak isn’t the first GPS device Garmin has made with voice control. However, it is the first of Garmin’s devices that allows you to communicate with Alexa hands free. Alexa on the Garmin Speak functions similar to other Alexa enabled devices: simply say “Alexa” and give her a command.
Garmin Speak Quick View
How the Garmin Speak works?
The Garmin Speak connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Unlike the Echo devices, the Garmin Speak will use your existing cellular data to access the internet. The Garmin Speak App is also necessary to access Garmin’s GPS functions.
What can you do with the Garmin Speak?
- Directions- say. “Alexa, ask Garmin for…” then give Alexa an address
- Listen to music- ask Alexa to play your favorite songs or playlists
- Create lists- ask Alexa to add items to a shopping list
- News- ask Alexa for the weather or a news briefing
- Make orders- ask Alexa to make orders for you on Amazon
- In car fun- ask Alexa for jokes and trivia
Buying the Garmin Speak with the US Unlocked Card
The Garmin Speak is on sale for $150 at Amazon and Best Buy. Unfortunately, the new GPS device is only available online in the U.S. However, the US Unlocked Card allows you to shop online in the U.S. It is an accepted payment method online at Amazon and Best Buy. The US Unlocked Card is a U.S. issued prepaid debit card with U.S. billing address.