One of the most convenient ways to load your card is by bank transfer since you can use your online banking for it. If you are not sure how this will work. Have a look at these 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Dashboard page: click the “Load Card” button.
- Enter the amount of money you’d like to load onto your card. The load amounts have the following ranges:
- Non Reloadable: USD $50.00 ~ USD $950.00
- Reloadable: USD $50.00 ~ USD $3,500.00
- Choose Bank Transfer as the payment method
- The USD load amount plus load fees ($3 and 3%) are converted into the currency belonging to the location of the bank account you will be instructed to transfer the funds to.
- The bank account details where you will transfer the funds to AND the unique reference number for this load payment (starts with 7945).
- Your status is displayed and you can log into your online banking and transfer the expected in amount in the indicated currency to the instructed bank account. Don’t forget the include the unique reference number.
You will then receive a payment notification when the transfer is received by Global Collect (our payment processor) and reported to us. A bank transfer usually takes 3-5 business days to be received. If it takes longer please send a proof of payment and we will submit an inquiry on your behalf.
The funds clear to your card the next business day after you received the notification.
Global Collect (Ingenico Group) processes our bank transfers and has bank accounts in many countries in the world. Depending on your country you will be instructed to send the funds to a bank account at a bank either in your country, in your region or in the U.S.A.
If needed, these are Global Collect’s address details:
Planetenweg 43 – 59
2132 HM Hoofddorp
The Netherlands – See more at: http://www.globalcollect.com/company/contact#sthash.CrmJLi3c.dpuf
If your bank requires to enter the address of the beneficiary bank as well, you can easily look it up by entering the SWIFT code in the search field (top right) on https://www.swift-code.com.
The transfer details in step 3 above will provide you with an IBAN (not for bank transfers to Rabobank U.S.A.). If your bank requires you to fill out an account number instead of an IBAN, it is easy to decode the IBAN on http://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/.
NOTE: If the instructed bank to transfer the funds to is Rabobank U.S.A. you will not be provided with an IBAN. The United States do not participate with IBAN.
Unique Reference Number
Each time you initiate a load by bank transfer as in step 1, a unique reference number or URN is generated. Please make sure to always add the unique reference number (starting with 7945) to your transfer details each time when you make the transfer from you bank account. This is how Global Collect matches the payment.
Enter the URN in a memo or notes field while you are preparing the bank transfer on your online bank account. If there is no field available to enter the URN(or your bank does not send through the information entered in this field), please send us the transfer details when you have completed the transfer. We will then submit these along with the URN to avoid any delays.
Depending on your country you will be instructed to send the funds to a bank account at a bank either in your country, in your region or in the U.S.A. In step 2 above the USD load amount plus load fees ($3 and 3%) are converted into the currency belonging to the location of the bank account.
To avoid any additional cross border currency conversion cost it is highly recommended to always transfer the exact indicated amount and currency being displayed during step 2.
Global Collect applies a daily wholesale rate plus a fee of 2% to 5%, depending on the currency used. These currency exchange rates are competitive with the ones applied by commercial banks and currency exchange companies.
Facts on Fees
- The load fee for a card load by bank transfer is $3 and 3%.
- To avoid any additional cross border currency conversion cost always transfer the exact indicated amount and currency being displayed during step 2.
- If the instructed beneficiary bank account is located outside your country, you bank may charge an international wire fee.
For Canadian customers
Unfortunately, the bank account our payment processor holds in Canada is not set up for receiving online transfers.
You can still perform the transfer in person at the bank location.
We are working on adding more convenient methods for our Canadian customers.
Submitting an inquiry
A bank transfer usually takes 3-5 business days to be received. If it takes longer please send a proof of payment to [email protected] and we will submit an inquiry on your behalf.
The proof of payment should contain all of the following details:
1) the name of the account holder;
2) the exact amount debited from the account holder;
3) the description of the remitted funds;
4) the date the amount was debited from account holder’s account;
5) the account name and number of beneficiary.
Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know.